Sonoma Wholewheat Miche Sourdough

>> Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Four words to share with you all. Sonoma Wholewheat Miche Sourdough. It is very good. Go and buy it and you'll know what I mean. I am now converted and I look forward to eating my sandwich at lunch for a change. Before discovering this, I'm one to buy a loaf of bread and freeze one half because I can never finish it all before it goes moldy. Now it's all gone too soon before it has a chance to be a breeding ground for those fuzzy green fungi.


I'd probably be happy snacking on this all day long too. I've had it with lemon curd, peanut butter and jelly and even lemon & herb labane (yoghurt cheese). Hmmmmm. It's also great as a savoury snack before dinner :D

Oven-grilled sourdough with tomatoes, mozzarella, black pepper and parsley (I ran out of basil)!

What makes this a winner for me is its texture - it's oh-so chewy and surprisingly moist and soft inside, even a few day after you buy it.

I first came across this when I was browsing though the Australian Good Food magazine and saw that it was featuring the famous Aussie patissier Adriano Zumbo. He talks of his favourite food and this bread just happens to be one of them - in fact, he calls it the 'best bread in the world'. I knew I had to try it then, and it just so happens that my local vege shop is a distributor of Sonoma products! Sweet!

I've tried Sonoma Wholewheat Polenta as well. To me, it was alright and I still prefer the Miche as it's got the moist and chewy texture which I love.

Chewyyyy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP