Sushi Samurai - Neutral Bay

>> Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I have a list in my head of all the restaurants and cafes in Sydney that I want to try. It's a long list and I have carefully bookmarked all of them on my laptop. However on one Sunday lunch time, I left home for lunch without consulting my list as I was in a rush (probably because I didn't have breakfast that morning) and 20 minutes later I found myself in Neutral Bay without knowing where exactly to eat.


I've been to Sushi Samurai before and it wasn't a place on my list to visit again. Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't bad at all - in fact it's might be better than a lot of the Japanese places I've tried in the city and reasonably priced, but it there are other new places that I'd rather try I re-visit this place again.

However on this day, none of the restaurants in Neutral Bay seem to be opened (including Ju Ge Mu which only opens at night on Sunday). Famished and tired, I decided to head back to Sushi Samurai again.

We ordered a sashima/sushi platter for two. The fish were definitely fresh, however the rice was on the hard/chewy side. I didn't get to try the rolls but I was told they were good. I tried the tamago (egg roll) but it was a bit rubbery.

Sashimi & Sushi Platter for two

The sashimi salad was refreshing and the sweet balsamic dressing was made just right.

Sashimi Salad

I love my teriyaki fish. The one they make here is not bad, however I do find the batter a bit thick for my liking and again the rice on the hard side like the sushi in the platter.

Teriyaki Fish Lunch Set

I probably won't be here again anytime soon. But for around $60 for 3, I was contently full and ready for my Sunday afternoon nap after this meal :)

Sushi Samurai

Shop 3
197 Military Road
Neutral Bay NSW2089
Tel: 9953 4059


2 comments:

Susan April 20, 2020 at 1:05 PM  

I have read a few good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to make such a fantastic informative site. Discover the most popular people ranked on Celebrity birthdays.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP